War, Terrorism and the Global Economic Crisis. Over 100 Interrelated Concepts (2)
First published in December 2015, this text provides a broad overview, still valid today. (It has not been updated. It does not include the corona crisis and the Ukraine war).
Read the first part of the article
US-NATO Threatens Russia and China
- The “Communist threat” of the Cold War era has been replaced by the worldwide threat of “Islamic terrorism”.
- Whereas Russia and China have become capitalist free market economies, a first strike pre-emptive nuclear attack is nonetheless contemplated.
- China and Russia are no longer considered to be “a threat to capitalism”. Quite the opposite. What is at stake is economic and financial rivalry between competing capitalist powers.
- The China-Russia alliance under the Shanghai Cooperation Organization (SCO) constitutes a “competing capitalist block” which undermines U.S. economic hegemony.
- In May 2014, the Russian Aggression Prevention Act (RAPA) was introduced in the US Senate (S 2277), calling for the militarization of Eastern Europe and the Baltic States and the stationing of US and NATO troops on Russia’s doorstep.
- In Asia, the U.S. has contributed under its “Pivot to Asia” to encouraging its Asia-Pacific allies including Japan, Australia, South Korea, the Philippines and Vietnam to threaten and isolate China as part of a process of “military encirclement” of China, which gained impetus in the late 1990s.
The Dangers of Nuclear War
- In the wake of the Cold War, an understanding on the dangers of nuclear war (MAD) no longer prevails. Publicly available military documents confirm that pre-emptive nuclear war is still on the drawing board of the Pentagon. Compared to the 1950s, the nuclear weapons are more advanced. The delivery system is more precise.
- In addition to China and Russia, Iran, Syria and North Korea are targets for pre-emptive nuclear war. Let us be under no illusions, the Pentagon’s plan to blow up the planet using advanced nuclear weapons is still on the books.
- With an explosive capacity varying between one third and six times a Hiroshima bomb, mini-nukes are said to be “harmless to civilians”. Pre-emptive nuclear war is portrayed as a “humanitarian undertaking”. Scientists on contract to the Pentagon have endorsed the use of tactical nuclear weapons: they are “harmless to civilians because the explosion is underground.”
- The Pentagon has confirmed its policy of a nuclear first strike against the Russian Federation in response to Russia’s alleged aggression against Ukraine. If these US nuclear strikes were to be implemented, humanity would be precipitated into a Third World War, which could potentially be the final war on planet Earth.
- Should we be concerned? The people at the highest levels of government who decide regarding the use of nuclear weapons haven’t the foggiest idea as to the implications of their actions. Blowing up the planet through the use of nuclear weapons is fully endorsed by presidential candidate Hillary Clinton, who believes that nuclear weapons are instruments of peace-making. Her election campaign was financed by the corporations which produce WMDs.
Fidel Castro on the Dangers of Nuclear War
- “The conventional war would be lost by the US and the nuclear war is no alternative for anyone. On the other hand, nuclear war would inevitably become global.”
- “I think nobody on Earth wishes the human species to disappear. And that is the reason why I am of the opinion that what should disappear are not just nuclear weapons, but also conventional weapons. We should provide a guarantee for peace to all peoples without distinction.”
- “In a nuclear war the collateral damage would be the life of humankind. Let us have the courage to proclaim that all nuclear or conventional weapons, everything that is used to make war, need to disappear!”
- “It is about demanding that the world is not led into a nuclear catastrophe, it is to preserve life.”
Fukushima: Worldwide Nuclear Radiation
- The Fukushima disaster in Japan has brought to the forefront the dangers of worldwide nuclear radiation. The crisis in Japan has been described as “a nuclear war without a war”.
- In the words of renowned novelist Haruki Murakami: “This time no one dropped a bomb on us. We set the stage, we committed the crime with our own hands, we are destroying our own lands, and we are destroying our own lives.”
- Nuclear radiation – which threatens life on planet earth – is not front page news in comparison to the most insignificant issues of public concern, including the local level crime scene or the tabloid gossip reports on Hollywood celebrities.
- The shaky political consensus both in Japan, the U.S. and Western Europe is that the crisis at Fukushima has been contained. The truth is otherwise. Known and documented, the ongoing dumping of highly radioactive water into the Pacific Ocean constitutes a potential trigger to a process of global radioactive contamination.
- This water contains plutonium 239 and its release into the Ocean has both local as well as global repercussions. A microgram of plutonium if inhaled, according to Dr. Helen Caldicott, can cause death.
Geo-engineering: Modifying the Weather for Military Use
- Environmental modification techniques (ENMOD) for military use constitute, in the present context of global warfare, the ultimate weapon of mass destruction.
- Rarely acknowledged in the debate on global climate change, the world’s weather can now be modified as part of a new generation of sophisticated electromagnetic weapons. Both the US and Russia have developed capabilities to manipulate the climate for military use.
- Weather manipulation is the pre-emptive weapon par excellence. It can be directed against enemy countries or even “friendly nations”, without their knowledge. Weather warfare constitutes a covert form of pre-emptive war. The manipulation of climate can be used to destabilize an enemy’s economy, ecosystem and agriculture.
The Resurgence of Nazism in Ukraine
- The forbidden truth is that the West has engineered in Ukraine – through a carefully staged covert operation – the formation of a proxy regime integrated by Neo-Nazis.
- Unknown to most Americans, the US government is channeling financial support, weapons and training to a Neo-Nazi entity – which is part of The Ukraine National Guard – The Azov Battalion (Батальйон Азов). Canada and Britain have confirmed that they also are providing support to the National Guard.
- The Azov Battalion – which officially displays the Nazi SS emblem, is described by the Kiev regime as “a volunteer battalion of territorial defense”. It’s a National Guard battalion under the jurisdiction of the Ministry of Internal Affairs, the equivalent of America’s Homeland Security.
- The Azov Battalion supported by its Western partners is not only involved in para-military operations in Eastern Ukraine. It is also running a Summer Camp military training project for young children as part of its broader training and Nazi indoctrination program.
- With Svoboda and Right Sector political appointees in charge of national security and the armed forces, a real grassroots protest movement directed against the IMF’s deadly macroeconomic reforms, will in all likelihood be brutally repressed by the Right Sector’s “brown shirts” and the National Guard paramilitary led by Dmitri Yarosh, on behalf of Wall Street and the Washington consensus.
The Police State
- Rather than addressing an impending social catastrophe, Western governments, which serve the interests of the economic elites, have installed a “Big Brother” police state, with a mandate to confront and repress all forms of opposition and social dissent.
- The Department of Defense authorizes the domestic deployment of US troops in “the conduct of operations other than war” including law enforcement activities and the quelling of “civil disturbances”.
- The repeal of democracy is portrayed as a means to providing “domestic security” and upholding civil liberties.
- An FBI department established in 2004 under the Bush administration was conducive to the integration of law enforcement and domestic spying. Its mandate was essentially political, directed at curbing all forms of social and political dissent in America.
- According to a 2004 report of the Homeland Security Council, these domestic “conspirators” are said to be acting in coordination with “foreign terrorists”. The report identified “domestic radical groups” and “disgruntled employees”.
The November 13, 2015 Paris Terror Attacks
- The November 13 attacks were immediately followed by the enactment of a State of Emergency, the closing of France’s borders and the suspension of civil liberties as a means – according to president François Hollande – to safeguarding democratic values.
- The tragic loss of life has been used by the Hollande government (with the support of the media) to harness the public into accepting the implementation of police state measures in the interest of French Republic, namely protecting France’s national security against an illusive self-proclaimed “Islamic State” based in Northern Syria, which actually is a creation of US intelligence.
- The measures also included procedures which enable the police to conduct arbitrary arrests and house searches without a warrant within the Paris metropolitan area opening up the development of a potential hate campaign directed against France’s Muslim population.
- These drastic police state measures (including the repeal of habeas corpus) ordered by president Hollande were decided upon prior and in the absence of a police report.
Reversing the Tide of War, Building Peace, Democracy and Social Justice
- War propaganda has become increasingly pervasive. War is upheld as a peace-making operation.
- When war becomes peace, the world is turned upside down. Conceptualization is no longer possible. An inquisitorial social system emerges. The consensus is to wage war. People can longer think for themselves. They accept the authority and wisdom of the established social order.
- War however is not an inevitable process.
- War can be prevented through mass social action.
- The issue is not whether the war will inevitably take place but what are the instruments at our disposal which will enable us to shunt and ultimately disarm this global military agenda.
- War criminals occupy positions of authority. The citizenry is galvanized into supporting the rulers, who are “committed to their safety and well-being”. Through media disinformation, war is given a humanitarian mandate.
- The legitimacy of war needs to be addressed. Antiwar sentiment alone does not disarm a military agenda. High ranking officials of the Obama administration, members of the military and the US Congress have been granted the authority to uphold an illegal war.
- A significant segment of the antiwar movement has been co-opted. We are against war but we support the “war on terrorism”. We can rely on an ambiguous political discourse.
- How does one effectively break the war and police state agendas?
- Essentially by refuting the “war on terrorism” and America’s holy crusade against the “Islamic jihad” which constitute the very foundations of America’s national security doctrine.
- Without the “war on terrorism”, politicians in high office do not have a leg to stand on. Once the Big Lie is fully revealed, their legitimacy collapses like a deck of cards.
- How best to achieve this objective? By fully uncovering the lies behind the “war on terrorism” and revealing the fact amply documented that Western governments are supporting the terrorists, i.e. they are State sponsors of terrorism.
- Media propaganda sustains the legitimacy of “war on terrorism”. “Evil folks are lurking”, the jihad is said to be threatening the Western world.
- The corporate backers and sponsors of war and war crimes should also be targeted including the oil companies, the defense contractors, the financial institutions and the corporate media, which has become an integral part of the war propaganda machine.
Regime Change in the West
- What is required is a grass roots antiwar network, a mass movement at national and international levels, which challenges the legitimacy of the main military and political actors, as well as their corporate sponsors, and which would ultimately be instrumental in unseating those who rule in our name.
- This is no easy task. The first step is to break the consensus, and that is done through what we might describe as counter-propaganda. It is in this context that truth becomes a powerful weapon.
- The construction of this type of network will take time to develop. Initially, it should focus on developing a firm antiwar stance within existing citizens’ organizations (e.g. trade unions, community organizations, professional regroupings, student federations, municipal councils, etc.). In many of these, organizations, however, – which include NGOs such as Amnesty International –, the leadership has been coopted; many of these organizations are generously funded by corporate foundations. In turn, since 2003, the antiwar movement in Western countries is virtually at a standstill.
- Breaking the lie means breaking a criminal project of global destruction, in which the quest for profit is the overriding force.
- This profit-driven military agenda destroys human values and transforms people into unconscious zombies.
- Let us reverse the tide by breaking the consensus, namely by breaking the propaganda apparatus.
- Swaying public opinion is not enough what has to be undertaken is to break the process of internal propaganda within government, the judicial system, law enforcement, the military, intelligence, etc. Because ultimately these are the areas where decisions are taken.
- The doctrine of the US Armed Forces is the “war on terrorism”. It is deeply entrenched. It provides a “just cause” to war. It is the driving force behind the troops. It is used to provide legitimacy to the bombing raids. What needs to done is to break the decision making process within the military through counter propaganda.
- William Shakespeare’s rightfully describes in our contemporary world the architects of the New World Order: “Hell is empty as all the devils are here.”
- Our indelible task is to send the “devils” of our time, the self-proclaimed architects of “democracy” and the “free market”, “down” to where they rightfully belong.
April 25, 2023