Aluminum Toxicity: 4 Ways to Detox Your Brain & Body
According to the Alzheimer’s Association of America, “few experts believe that everyday sources of aluminum pose any threat.” Really? According to Chris Exley, PhD, of Keele University in England who is an expert on aluminum toxicity this is a lie. Professor Exley has been studying the impact of aluminum on the human body since 1984 and states that “there has been a strong link between human exposure to aluminum and the incidence of Alzheimer’s disease for half a century or more.ˮ
Dr. Exley is not alone in his thinking. He is part of a growing number of experts making the link between aluminum toxicity and conditions like autism, diabetes, neuropathy, and cancer, as well as Alzheimer’s.
You are an intelligent health consumer (or else you wouldn’t be reading this!). As such, it is up to you to be aware of what aluminum does in the body and where it comes from, but more importantly how to minimize your risk of aluminum toxicity.
Here are four easy things you can do now to protect yourself.
1. Avoid Products that Contain Aluminum
The first step in any detoxification program is to always stop more toxins from entering your body. Here are some of the most common sources of aluminum toxicity and some suggestions on alternatives:
• Commercial deodorant. Switch to a natural deodorant. Be sure that it clearly says “aluminum free” on the package. This includes so-called “natural crystal” deodorants, which may contain lurking aluminum.
• Commercial baking powder. Again, switch to a brand that says “aluminum free.” It will cost a few dollars more, but it will be worth it!
• Aluminum foil and aluminum cookware. Replace all aluminum-based and Teflon cookware with glass, iron, or safe ceramic. Lightly roast veggies and fish in a glass container instead of putting them on the grill wrapped in aluminum foil. Store leftovers in glass containers as well. Make the switch to aluminum foil alternatives as soon as possible.
• Vaccines. Almost every single vaccine on the market has some amount of aluminum in it, and some more than others. The choice to vaccinate yourself and your family is a personal one. Just be sure you know the facts, however, before you get any shots.
• Chemtrails. Chemtrails are “geo-engineered aerosols” that wind up in the air we breathe. They are also a little-known source of aluminum (and other dangerous chemicals), and one that is of growing concern.
Know the difference between chemtrails and contrails which come from regular aircraft and how to identify them in the skies above your region. During times of heavy “spraying,” take precautions to wear protection or stay inside.
Drink lots of water and be sure to get in some natural heavy metal chelators, such as spirulina (see below). Cover the vegetables in your kitchen garden during heavy sprays.
Taking these actions against aluminum will help reduce your exposure greatly. But, during this modern “Age of Aluminum,” it is safe to say that just about everyone has some amount of aluminum in their system.
Here are three other major actions you can take to detox aluminum from your system directly.
2. Consume Foods That Contain Silica
Silica is needed for many functions in the body. It can have anti-aging effects as it helps to reinforce collagen elasticity in body tissues, and prevents arterial plaque from clogging up blood flow. Silica is also an important component for building bone, helps process key nutrients like magnesium and vitamin K2, and is vital for maintaining a strong cardiovascular system. Silica is also an antioxidant. As such, it can be a blood detoxifier.
Most importantly, silica has been found to reduce aluminum levels drastically in the body. It does this by binding with its molecules and extracting them out of brain cells and ultimately out of the body through urine and other means.
Ground-breaking research done by Dr. Exley found that water high in silicic acid (oxygenated silica) had a positive effect on autistic children. Exley has found that aluminum levels were lower in the children by 50 to 70 percent who drank this kind of water.
He then did the same study with Alzheimer’s Disease (AD) patients. After 13 weeks of drinking high-silica water, the same results were achieved. In the AD patients, eight out of fifteen no longer showed neurological deterioration and three showed “substantial cognitive increase.”
Dr. Exley used Spritzer (a Malaysian bottled water) for the study, but other waters that contain high amounts of silica include Volvic and Fiji (Fiji comes in a BPA-free bottle). His suggested protocol for helping to remove aluminum from the brain is to consume 1.5 liters of high-silicic water for at least five days. He suggested drinking the entire 1.5 liters within an hour for the best results. Higher aluminum toxicity levels may require higher amount of water.
Diatomaceous earth (DE) is another great source of silica since it is made up mostly of the substance. Diatomaceous earth is actually millions of tiny, fossilized aquatic microorganism called “diatoms” that are ground up into a fine, white powder. Besides aluminum detoxification, DE also chelates other heavy metals, helps with GI health, and can give you more energy.
In addition to high-silicic acid waters and DE, cucumbers, bananas, bentonite clay, and horsetail herb also contain high amounts of silica.
3. Consume Foods That Detoxify the Body From Heavy Metals
Add at least one of the following nutritional substances to your diet every day. All of these not only have the ability to detox the body from heavy metals, but are also neuroprotectants and immune system boosters:
• cold pressed unrefined organic coconut oil;
• chia and flaxseed;
• milk thistle;
• vitamin C (and foods rich in this vitamin);
• spirulina and chlorella;
• foods such as garlic, cilantro, and parsley that can help eliminate heavy metals such as aluminum and mercury from your body;
• fresh, filtered water (and plenty of it!).
4. Use Other Heavy Metal Detoxification Modalities
Finally, there are a lot of modalities other than foods and supplements that can help you flush out aluminum and other heavy metals. In research studies, high infrared saunas have been shown to not only trim body fat but also detox xenobiotics, i.e. foreign chemicals. These include heavy metals.
In addition, full-mat Pulsed Electromagnetic Field (PEMF) therapy has also been shown to help with detoxification through boosting natural antioxidants and immune responses in the body.
Heliotherapy (salt therapy), mineral baths, and regular exercise also help to flush toxins from the body.
With a little knowledge and the right foods, supplements, and healthy behaviors, you Can reduce your toxic aluminum load before its proven health effects happen to you.
In addition, by keeping your immune system as vital as possible through the right diet and managing stress, you can go a long way in helping your body to detoxify the heavy metals we are exposed to every day, and do so naturally.
March 11, 2018