15 herbs that naturally detox your kidneys
Without a doubt, the kidneys are essential to the body’s daily functions. Aside from being the body’s resident cleansing powerhouse, these two bean-shaped organs balance water levels, regulate blood pressure and red blood cell levels, and adjust the body’s acidity.
Failure to take good care of the kidneys can result in adverse health conditions. Acute kidney failure is caused by various factors including dehydration, urinary tract infections, mercury exposure, and pregnancy complications.
Kidney detoxification is an effective way to keep the organs healthy. Alternative health website NaturalBlaze.com has listed the 15 best natural kidney detox remedies.
15 kidney detox herbs you need to know
1. Dandelion roots: The dandelion’s bitter taste comes from its rich flavonoid concentration, which gives the herb its renowned blood purifying properties.
According to a study published in the Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine, dandelion roots possess diuretic properties that increase urine flow. This helps cleanse the kidneys and the liver by flushing out excess water. Dandelion roots also relieve urinary irritation and water retention.
2. Stinging Nettle: Just like dandelion roots, stinging nettle contains diuretic properties that increase the flow of urine. The plant contains high vitamin C levels that help keep bacteria and infections at bay.
3. Horsetail: This plant has both diuretic and antioxidant properties essential for cleansing the kidneys.
4. Corn silk: Corn silk promotes urine production and helps rid the kidneys of water and wastes. Corn silk can be used to treat kidney stones, bladder infection, and urinary infection.
5. Parsley: Parsley contains myristicin and apiol, which have powerful diuretic effects. Parsley helps increase urine production, which in turn clears the kidneys of harmful bacteria and germs. Numerous studies have long established parsley’s efficacy in kidney detoxification.
6. Burdock root: This plant has shown potent diuretic properties, which help eliminate blood and body wastes.
7. Uva Ursi: Uva Ursi contains the diuretic compound arbutin, a phenolic glycoside. The plant is shown to promote healthy pH levels in urine, preventing it from being too acidic. In addition, the herb also contains astringent properties that help flush out bacteria and toxins.
8. Celery: Celery is a known diuretic since ancient times, and contains essential nutrients such as sodium and potassium that help facilitate kidney cleansing.
9. Turmeric: Various studies have touted turmeric’s vast health benefits. Curcumin, the bright yellow compound found in turmeric, has powerful antioxidant properties that help cleanse the kidneys, purify the blood, and detoxify the liver. Turmeric also has strong anti-inflammatory properties that help treat or prevent kidney infections.
10. Marshmallow: Marshmallows are potent diuretics and help rid the kidney of unwanted toxins. The plant is also shown to stave off kidney, bladder, and urinary tract infections.
11. Seaweed: Seaweed contains spirulina and chlorella. Both byproducts are shown to effectively eliminate heavy metals from the body. Brown seaweed in particular helps promote kidney and liver detoxification.
12. Cranberries: Numerous trials prove that eating cranberries helps address urinary tract infection.
13. Ginger: Ginger shows robust anti-inflammatory properties that mitigate the effects of infection.
14. Beets and spinach: Both vegetables contain high levels of vitamins and minerals essential for detoxifying the kidneys.
15. Blueberries: These berries contain high levels of the antioxidant resveratrol, which helps eliminate uric acid deposits in the body. Blueberries help salvage kidney mitochondrial function and defer polycystic kidney disease progression.
July 28, 2018