The Vaccine Revolution for Truth
NVIC’s President and Co-Founder Barbara Loe Fisher opened the Revolution for Truth Rally in Washington, D.C. on Mar. 31, 2017. This event was sponsored by Vaccine Injury Awareness League and supported by NVIC (National Vaccine Information Center) and many organizations concerned about the influence of pharmaceutical and chemical companies on mainstream media and policies of government health agencies responsible for public health and safety.
Below is the transcription of Barbara Loe Fisher’s speech:
We are gathered in our nation’s Capitol representing many thousands of Americans and their families, who cannot be here today because they are sick or caring for someone who is sick. [1, 2, 3] We are here for families and physicians living in fear they will be discriminated against and punished if they speak honestly in their communities about what they know to be true. [4, 5, 6, 7, 8]
We have come to defend freedom of thought, speech, and conscience, the inalienable natural rights that unite us, regardless of where we live, the color of our skin, the faith that sustains us, or the philosophies that define us.
We are calling on the government to do its job and protect the people’s health – instead of protecting profit-making industries doing business with government and manipulating information released by the mainstream media.
We are advocating for the right to know the truth about the safety of the food we eat,  the water we drink,  the drugs doctors prescribe [11, 12, 13] and the vaccines Americans are forced to get to attend school,  and receive medical care, [15, 16] and hold a job. [17, 18]
And we are here to witness the suffering of our children, who have no voice and have no choice except the one that we, their mothers and fathers, given to them.
We want government officials to explain to us why our country, which spends the most on healthcare [19, 20] and has one of the highest child vaccination rates in the world,  is crippled by a chronic disease and disability epidemic that costs more than two trillion dollars a year  and has created the sickest child and young adult population in America’s history:
– 1 child in 6 learning disabled; 
– 1 in 9 with asthma; 
– 1 in 10 diagnosed with a mental disorder; 
– 1 in 13 severely allergic to food; 
– 1 in 20 epileptic; 
– 1 in 50 developing autism; 
– 1 in 400 with diabetes; 
– and millions more struggling with other kinds of brain and immune system damage marked by chronic inflammation in the body.
There is no price tag high enough to put on the costs that will bankrupt our nation as these children grow up and many face a lifetime of health care and housing needs. 
What kind of jobs will they hold? Where are they going to live? What happens when their parents die? 
We will not be silent as the biological integrity of another generation of children is destroyed in this bitter harvest that can only continue if we allow it to continue.
I say this as a mother who witnessed my healthy, bright two and a half year old child suffer a convulsion, collapse shock and brain inflammation [32, 33] within hours of his fourth DPT shot in 1980, that left him with multiple learning disabilities and 12 years confined to a special education classroom in the public school system. My son did not die and he was not severely brain damaged like so many children for whom the risks of vaccination turn out to be 100 percent.
But he was part of the tidal wave of learning disabled children emerging in the 1980s, growing larger in the 1990s, and exploding in the first decade of the 21st century [34, 35] at precisely the same time that the federal child vaccine schedule tripled from 23 doses of seven vaccines in 1980  to 70 doses of 16 vaccines during the next 30 years. 
The U.S. Centers for Disease Control (CDC) now directs doctors to give pregnant women vaccines that were never licensed for use during pregnancy.  Then, on the first day of birth and continuing throughout childhood, doctors are told to give children six dozen doses of vaccines that contain genetically engineered viruses and bacteria, plus ingredients like mercury, aluminum, formaldehyde, phenoxyethanol, glutaraldehyde, proteins, synthetic particles, antibiotics, and human, animal and insect DNA and RNA. 
Where is the good science that demonstrates children are healthier when repeatedly given vaccines that artificially hyper-stimulate inflammatory immune responses 50 times before age six? 
Just how sick do highly vaccinated children in America have to get before government health officials re-evaluate the assumption that more and more vaccination equals better health?
Show us the Science and Give Us a Choice
Where is the credible scientific evidence that it is safe to give children amphetamines and anti-depressants with side effects that include suicidal thoughts and violent behavior,  or that children are healthier when they drink water full of fluoride,  and have teeth filled with mercury amalgams,  and when they eat genetically engineered and processed foods laced with pesticides, chemicals, hormones, and antibiotics?  And why is government joining with the chemical industry and blocking the labelling of GMO food  so that Americans do not have the right to know and freedom to choose what they eat and feed their children?
Why was the 21st Century Cures Act created by Congress  and signed into law last year (2016) so FDA licensing and informed consent standards could be lowered even further? Now the skids have been greased for the pharmaceutical industry – the biggest lobby on Capitol Hill – to experiment on people without their consent, and to fast track drugs and vaccines to market even more quickly – without proving they are safe and effective first.
And why did Congress create a federal vaccine injury system administrative alternative to a lawsuit in the National Childhood Vaccine Injury Act of 1986 – but take no action when the Departments of Health and Justice systematically gutted that law and turned it into a cruel joke?  Today, the majority of vaccine injured children are denied compensation so government officials do not have to admit just how many children are being brain damaged and dying after vaccination in America. 
In 2011, Congress never said a word when Big Pharma used that law to persuade the U.S. Supreme Court to effectively ban all vaccine injury lawsuits in America by declaring that FDA licensed vaccines are “unavoidably unsafe”. 
The $3.6 billion dollars in federal vaccine injury compensation that has been awarded to more than 5,000 vaccine victims since 1988 doesn’t begin to pay for the damage done, not when two out of three claims are denied,  and not when drug companies have no incentive to make vaccines less harmful because all Americans are legally required to purchase and use their liability free vaccine products.
Every promise that Congress made to parents in 1986 was a lie. And 30 years is long enough for parents to wait for that failed experiment in tort reform to work.
The liability shield protecting Big Pharma must come down
No industry should ever be allowed to escape accountability in a civil court of law in front of a jury of our peers when profit-making products injure and kill people.
In 1962, American environmentalist Rachel Carson warned that the alliance between industry and government was poisoning the Earth and human health. She said “If the Bill of Rights contains no guarantee that a citizen shall be secure against lethal poisons distributed either by private individuals or by public officials, it is surely only because our forefathers, despite their considerable wisdom and foresight, could conceive of no such problem.” 
Twenty years later, parents of vaccine injured children in the Washington, D.C. area founded the educational charity known today as the National Vaccine Information Center, and launched the vaccine safety and informed consent movement in America,  while the environmental,  safe food  and holistic health [55, 56, 57] movements in the 1980s were also being powered by ordinary people demanding the people’s right to know and freedom to take control of their health.
These grassroots movements have been united by one truth: the government has betrayed the public trust by forging business partnerships with the chemical and pharmaceutical industries that put profits, not people, first. [58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64].
And, now in the 21st century when everybody knows somebody who was healthy, got vaccinated and was never healthy again, the public-private partnership between industry and government is moving to strip citizens of the human right to informed consent to medical risk-taking. Laws are being passed that eliminate the right for Americans to exercise freedom of thought, conscience and religious belief  so they can be blackmailed into using vaccines with unacceptable risks that are also failing to work as advertised. [66, 67]
Albert Einstein, who risked arrest in Germany in the 1930s when he spoke out against censorship and persecution of minorities, said “Never do anything against conscience even if the State demands it.” 
There is no liberty more fundamentally a natural, inalienable right than the freedom to follow our conscience when choosing what we are willing to risk our life or our child’s life for.
While we are all born equal, with equal rights under the law, we are not born all the same. Each one of us is born with different genes and a unique microbiome influenced by epigenetics that affects how we respond to the environments we live in. [69, 70, 71, 72] We do not all respond the same way to infectious diseases  – or to pharmaceutical products like vaccines  – and doctors cannot predict which of us will be harmed. 
This means that vaccine risks are not being borne equally by everyone in society, and forced vaccination is a de facto selection of the vaccine vulnerable for sacrifice.
Why the lives of those vulnerable to vaccine complications are valued any less than those vulnerable to complications of infections?
And why should people not be free to choose to stay healthy in ways that pose far fewer risks? 
These are legitimate scientific and ethical questions that should not be ridiculed by government, medical organizations and members of the mainstream media demonizing a growing number of people who are wondering why they either have a child, or know a child, who was born healthy and then suddenly regressed physically, mentally and emotionally and joined the ranks of the walking wounded. The people do not understand why the government refuses to fund or conduct methodologically sound scientific studies to find out why the bodies of so many highly vaccinated children and adults are on fire, riddled with chronic inflammation that is common in most brain and immune system dysfunction [77, 78, 79] doctors diagnose as:
– ADHD; [80, 81, 82]
– epilepsy; 
– allergies; 
– autism; [85, 86, 87, 88]
– inflammatory bowel, [89, 90] thyroid  and metabolic disease; 
– rheumatoid arthritis; 
– obesity; 
– cancer; [95, 96, 97]
– schizophrenia, [98, 99] and
– depression. 
It was not always this way in America. I grew up in the 1950s and 60s and remember when every child got measles, mumps, and chickenpox before age 10, but there were no special education classrooms in public schools to house legions of learning disabled, autistic and emotionally disturbed children. I remember when it was the rare child who could not learn and half of the students were not carrying Epi-pens  and asthma inhalers  in their pockets, and there was no need to store student supplies of Ritalin and Prozac in the school nurse’s office.  I remember when we ate peanut butter and jelly sandwiches for lunch without being afraid it would kill one of our classmates. [104, 105]
The biggest public health emergency in America is not a few measles cases at Disneyland in a population of 320 million people, [106, 107, 108] where less than one percent of children are unvaccinated  and 95 percent of them have gotten two measles shots, and five pertussis shots,  plus dozens of doses of other vaccines.
The real public health emergency in America is the one that is being covered up by government agencies working overtime with industry and mainstream media to distract, deceive, stonewall and restrict the freedom of Americans to take control of their health.
The reaction by vaccine developers and others promoting “no exceptions” forced vaccination laws is to label parents disagreeing with them as “selfish” and to suggest they are “child abusers”. Or to insist, like pediatrician Paul Offit, that vaccine injuries and deaths are a myth and that children can safely receive 10,000 vaccines at once.  Or, like pediatrician Peter Hotez to call on the U.S. government and the G20 to wage a war on American parents defending exemptions in vaccine laws. 
Dr. Hotez calls for parents disagreeing with him to be “snuffed out” – which means “to extinguish, to suppress, to crush; to kill.” 
So when Congress appropriates $1 trillion dollars a year to the Department of Health,  government officials employed by the CDC, NIH and FDA do not use that taxpayer money to fund quality research to identify children at high risk for vaccine injury, or to compare the health of vaccinated and unvaccinated children to find out why parents consistently report that unvaccinated children are healthier and get higher grades in school than vaccinated children.
They do not use that money to find out why infectious microbes are evolving into more virulent and vaccine resistant forms, [115, 116, 117, 118] or to find out how many children are developing genetic mutations after vaccination that damages their DNA. 
Instead, public health officials hide their heads in the sand and collaborate with industry to create hundreds of new experimental vaccines  that will be fast tracked to licensure  and forced on you and everyone you know – no exceptions and no questions asked. They create government operated electronic medical records tracking systems;  they pit citizen against citizen by publicly posting the vaccination rates of schools on the CDC’s website;  and they go into churches and legislatures to lobby for all Americans to adhere to cradle to the grave vaccine schedules. [124, 125, 126, 127, 128]
Today, if you live in California  or another state that has eliminated conscientious and religious belief vaccine exemptions and you refuse a government endorsed vaccine, you cannot get a school education, medical care or being employed as a child or health care worker unless you can find a doctor to write a medical exemption that 99.99 percent of Americans do not qualify for under CDC guidelines. [130, 131, 132]
And tomorrow? Well, if Americans do not get up off their knees and stop worshipping doctors promoting junk science, tomorrow you will not be able to get on a bus, train or plane; enter a store or sports arena; obtain a driver’s license, file your taxes or function in society unless you can prove you have gotten every vaccine that industry creates and doctors implementing government policy order you to get.
And if you or your child get vaccinated, suffer brain inflammation and never recover your health, you can be sure that it will either be dismissed as “just a coincidence” or you will be labelled genetically defective with the claim you would have become brain damaged even if no vaccines had been given.  It is already being done and it is so easy to do, when nobody making, selling, licensing, giving and voting to mandate vaccines has any accountability in a civil court of law.
And the ones who know deep in the core of their being that their children are in danger, are the mothers, who carry their babies inside them for nine months and give birth and are endowed with a primal instinct that God gave women so they have the courage to protect their babies from harm until they are able to survive on their own. That biological imperative is hard wired into our DNA because it is what protects the survival of every species on this Earth. [134, 135, 136, 137] And yet, mothers, who know their children best, are being bullied, ridiculed and punished if they use their intellect and listen to their gut instincts and refuse to violate their conscience when caring for their children. 
It is time to reject the cruel pseudo-ethic of utilitarianism propping up mandatory vaccination laws that justify child sacrifice by reducing what is moral to a mathematical equation. 
When the State considers one of us to be expendable, then we are all considered expendable.
And if the State can tag, track down and force individuals to be injected with biological of known and unknown toxicity today, then there will be no limit on which individual freedoms the state can take away in the name of the greater good tomorrow.
We can only throw off the chemical chains making us sick if we act to instill truth, integrity, and compassion in government and defend freedom of thought, speech, conscience and informed consent to medical risk-taking.
There is no greater calling for Americans in the 21st century than to defend those cultural values and human rights that protect against tyranny.
We will not be silent. We will not go away.
We are the daughters and sons of liberty, and our mission continues: No forced vaccination!
1. National Health Council. About Chronic Diseases. 2014.
2. Sottile L. Living Sick and Dying Young in Rich America. The Atlanti Dec. 19, 2013.
3. HRSA. Vaccine Injury Compensation Program Data and Statistics.
4. Berezow A. Jail ‘anti-vax” parents. USA Today Jan. 28, 2015.
5. Walsh M. So Should We Just Round Up the Anti-Vaccine Parents and Ship Them to Guantanamo? The Blaze Jan. 30, 2015.
6. Lipson P. Anti-Vaccine Doctors Should Lose Their License. Forbes Jan. 30, 2015.
7. Mathews J. Unvaccinated Families’ Addresses Should Be Made Public. Time Magazine Feb. 11, 2015.
8. St John C. Doctors Are Turning Away Unvaccinated babies, AAP Says. Parents.com.
9. Organic Consumers Organization. Food Safety Resource Center.
10. Carlton L. Could your water be unsafe to drink? Fox Feb. 11, 2016.
11. Pro-Con.org. 35 FDA-Approved Drugs Later Pulled Off the Market Jan. 30, 2014.
12. Light DW. New Prescription Drugs: A Major Health Risk with Few Offsetting Advantages.Edmund J. Safra Center for Ethics, Harvard University. June 27, 2014.
13. Cohn S. The American Greed Report: Is Your Doctor Prescribing Too Much Medication? Watch for the signs. CNBC Mar. 11, 2017.
14. Sacramento Bee. Scores of Students Without Vaccine Proof Sent Home on
The First Day of School. August 12, 2016.
15. ABC-TV (Denver). More Doctors Refusing to Treat Unvaccinated Children. Nov. 2, 2015.
16. Newman Z. Group Suggests Pediatricians Refuse to Treat Some Unvaccinated Children. KOMU-TV Aug. 30, 2016.
17. Krause J. Mandatory Vaccines for Adults? Leave it to California. The Daily Sheeple July 15, 2015.
18. Tuttle B. Workers Are Being Fired For Refusing To Get Flu Shots. Time Magazine Nov. 5, 2015.
19. Commonwealth Fund. US Spends More on Health Care Than Other High-Income Nations But Has Lower Life Expectancy, Worse Health. Oct. 8, 2015.
20. Pear R. Health Spending in U.S. Topped $3 Trillion Last Year. New York Times Dec. 2, 2015.
22. Partnership to Fight Chronic Disease. The Role of Chronic Disease in Higher Health Care Costs and Lower U.S. Economic Growth. Pg. 3. Almanac of Chronic Disease 2009.
23. Boyle CA, Boulet S et al. Trends in the Prevalence of Developmental Disabilities in US Children 1997-2000. Pediatrics May 23, 2011.
24 CDC. Asthma in the U.S. May 2011.
25. Parens E, Johnston J. Mental Health in Children and Adolescents. Pg. 101-106. The Hastings Center Bioethics Briefing Book for Journalists, Policymakers, and Campaigns 2008.
26. Food Allergy Research & Education. Facts and Statistics: How Many People Have Food Allergies?
27. Citizens United in Research for Epilepsy. Epilepsy Facts.
28. Blumberg SJ, Bramlette MD, Kogan MD et al. Changes in Prevalence of Parent-reported Autism Spectrum Disorder in School-
aged U.S. Children: 2007 to 2011-2013. Results. National Health Statistics Reports 2013; 65: 1-11.
29. Pettitt DJ, Talton J et al. Prevalence of Diabetes in US Youth in 2009: The SEARCH for Diabetes in Youth Study. Diabetes Care 2014; 37: 402-408.
30. Doss C, Brooke K. Resources scarce for families with adults on the autism spectrum. WSET.com Oct. 14, 2016.
31. Miller B. Those with disabilities: Where should they live? The News Journal Oct. 31, 2014.
32. Institute of Medicine Committee to Study New Research on Vaccines. DPT Vaccine and Chronic Nervous System Dysfunction: A New Analysis. Executive Summary (pp.1-2) Washington, D.C. The National AcademiesPress 1994.
33. Donnelly S, Loscher CE et al. Whole cell but not Acellular Pertussis Vaccines Induce Convulsive Activity in Mice: Evidence for a Role of Toxin-Induced Interleukin-18 in a New Murine Model for Analysis of Neuronal Side Effects of Vaccination. Infection and Immunity 2001; 69(7): 4217-4223.
34. Texas Council for Developmental Disabilities. Public School Student Population: Students with Special Needs. Project IDEAL 2013
35. Samuels C. Number of U.S. Students in Special Education Ticks Upward. The Education Weekly, April 19, 2016.
36. CDC. Recommended schedule for active immunization of normal infants and children 1983.
37. CDC. Recommended Immunization Schedules for Persons Aged 0 Through 18 Years, United States, 2017.
38. Fisher BL. Vaccination During Pregnancy: Is It Safe? NVIC Newsletter Nov. 9, 2013.
39. CDC. Vaccine Excipient & Media Summary. Jan 6, 2017.
40. National Vaccine Information Center. NVIC Supports Three of Five Recommendations of New IOM Report on U.S. Childhood Immunization Schedule Safety and Calls for Transparency. Businesswire Jan. 16, 2003.
41. Kwon N. The Hidden Harm of Antidepressants. Scientific American Feb. 3, 2016.
42. Connett P. 50 Reasons to Oppose Fluoridation. Fluoride Action Network September 2012.
43. World Alliance for Mercury Free Dentistry. Mercury Amalgam.
44. Khaniki GRJ. Chemical Contaminants in Milk and Public Health Concerns: A Review. International Journal of Dairy Science 2007; 2: 104-115.
45. Daniels J. GMOs: Congress may block states from requiring labeling. CNBC July 22, 2015.
46. Fisher BL. Here Comes the 21st Century Cures Act: Say Goodbye to Vaccine Safety Science. NVIC Newsletter July 7, 2015.
47. Fisher BL. Wrangham TK. NVIC report on operation of the Vaccine Injury Compensation Program (VICP) of the National Childhood Vaccine Injury Act of 1986 in response to an inquiry from the Government Accountability Office (GAO). July 11, 2014.
48. Fisher BL. Vaccine Injury Compensation: Government’s Broken Social Contract with Parents. NVIC Newsletter Nov. 2, 2015.
49. National Vaccine Information Center. NVIC Cites “Betrayal” of Consumers by U.S. Supreme Court Giving Total Liability Shield to Big Pharma. Businesswire Feb. 23, 2011.
50. Health Resources Services Administration. Vaccine Injury Compensation Program Data and Statistics.
51. Milne L. There’s Poison All Around Us Now. The New York Times Sept. 23, 1962.
52. National Vaccine Information Center. About Us.
53. Sagoff M. The Great Environmental Awakening. The American Prospect Spring 1992.
54. Pollen M. The Food Movement, Rising. The New York Times June 10, 2010.
55. Lindheim R. Birthing Centers and Hospices: Reclaiming Birth and Death. Ann Rev Public Health 1981; 1: 1-29.
56. Whorton J. Counterculture Healing: A Brief History of Alternative Medicine in America. PBSFrontline November 2003.
57. Bazelon E. Founding Mothers: Edwina Froehlich b. 1905. New York Times Magazine Dec. 23, 2008.
58. Buse K, Harmer A. Power to the Partners?: The politics of public-private health partnerships. Development 2004; 47(2): 49-56.
59. National Institutes of Health. Public-Private Partnerships. NIAID Oct. 18, 2010.
60. Stuckler D. Global Health Philanthropy and Institutional Relationships: How Should Conflicts of Interest Be Addressed? PLOS Medicine Apr. 12, 2011.
61. Perry S. Revelations of CDC’s industry funding raise questions about some of its decisions. MinnPost May 28, 2015.
62. Mazzucato M. How taxpayers prop up Big Pharma, and how to cap that. LA Times Oct. 27, 2015.
63. Lipton E. Food Industry Enlisted Academics in GMO Lobbying War, Emails Show. New York Times Sept. 5, 2015.
64. Martin K. Public Universities Get an Education in Private Industry. The Atlantic Apr. 3, 2017.
65. Fisher BL. Defending the Religious Belief Exemption to Vaccination. NVIC Newsletter June 28, 2016.
66. Fisher BL. Pertussis Microbe Outsmarts the Vaccine As Experts Argue About Why. NVIC Newsletter Mar. 27, 2016.
67. Fisher BL. CDC Admits Flu Shots Fail Half the Time. NVIC Newsletter Mar. 26, 2016.
68. Albert Einstein. Brainyquote.
69. Hill AVS. Genetics and Genomics of Infectious Disease Susceptibility. British Medical Bulletin 1999; 55(2): 401-413.
70. The Human Microbiome Project Consortium. Structure, function and diversity of the healthy human microbiome. Nature 2012; 486: 207-214
71. Williams SCP. The Other Microbiome. PNAS Early Edition Feb. 5, 2013.
72. Weinhold B. Epigenetics: The Science of Change. Environ Health Perspect 2006; 114(3): A160-A167.
73. Gomez-Diaz E, Jorda M, Pienado MA, Rivero A. Epigenetics of Host-Pathogen Interactions: The Road Ahead and the Road Behind. PLOS Pathogens 2012; 8(11).
74. Reif DM, McKinney BA, Motsinger AA et al. Genetic Basis for Adverse Events Following Smallpox Vaccination. J Infect Dis 2009; 198(1): 16-22.
75. Institute of Medicine Committee to Review Adverse Effects of Vaccines. Adverse Effects of Vaccines: Evidence and Causality: Evaluating Biological Mechanisms of Adverse Events (p. 57-102), Increased Susceptibility (p. 82). Washington, DC: The National Academies Press 2012.
76. Barnes PM, Bloom B, Nahin R. CDC National Health Statistics Report #12. Complementary and Alternative Medicine Use Among Adults and Children: United States, 2007. December 2008.
77. Afrin LB. Mast cell activation disease and the modern epidemic of chronic inflammatory disease. Translational Research 2016; 174: 38-59. http://www.translationalres.com/article/S1931-5244(16)00022-0/abstract
78. Feldman B, Martin EM, Simms T. An Invisible Epidemic – When your body attacks itself – Autoimmune Disorders. Tincture Jan. 29, 2016.
79. Orbach H, Agmon-Levin N, Zandman-Goddard G. Vaccines and Autoimmune Diseases of the Adult. Discovery Magazine Feb. 4, 2010.
80. Sears B. ADHD: An Inflammatory Condition. Psychology Today July 20, 2011.
81. Esparham A, Evans RG et al. Pediatric Integrative Medicine Approaches to Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD). Children 2014;
82. Instanes JT, Halmay A et al. Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder in Offspring of Mothers with Inflammatory and Immune System Disorders. Biological Psychiatry 2017; 81(5): 452-459.
83. Walker L, Sills GJ. Inflammation and Epilepsy: The Foundations for a New Therapeutic Approach in Epilepsy? Epilepsy Currents 2012; 12(1): 8-12.
84. Galli SJ, Tsai M, Pilliponsky AM. The development of allergic inflammation. Nature 2008; 454(7203): 445-454.
85. Ellis M. Brain study shows inflammation is a marker of autism. Medical News Today Dec. 11, 2014.
86. Tonhajzerova I, Ondrejka I, Mestanik M et al. Inflammatory Activity in Autism Spectrum Disorder. Adv Exp Med Biol 2015; 861: 93-98.
87. Theoharides TC, Tsilioni I et al. Atopic diseases and inflammation of th e brain in the pathogenesis of autism spectrum disorders. Transl Psychiatry 2016; 6(6).
88. Edmiston E, Ashwood P, Van de Water J. Autoimmunity, Autoantibodies and Autism Spectrum Disorder. Biological Psychiatry 2017; 81(5): 383-390.
89. Rubin DC, Shaker A, Levin S. Chronic intestinal inflammation: inflammatory bowel disease and colitis-associated colon cancer. Front Immunol 2012; 3:107.
90. Georgia State University. Cytokine controls immune cells that trigger inflammatory bowel disease, study finds. Apr. 18, 2017.
91. Mancini A, Di Segni C et al. Thyroid Hormones, Oxidative Stress and Inflammation. Mediators of Inflammation 2016.
92. Monteiro R, Azevdedo I. Chronic Inflammation in Obesity and the Metabolic Syndrome. Mediators Inflamm 2012.
93. Chimenti JS, Triggianese P et al. The interplay between inflammation and metabolism in rheumatoid arthritis. Cell Death and Disease 2015.
94. Esser N, Legrant-Poeis S et al. Inflammation as a link between obesity, metabolic syndrome and type 2 diabetes. Diabetes Res Clin Pract 2014; 105(2): 141-150.
95. Stix G. Is Chronic Inflammation the Key to Unlocking the Mysteries of Cancer? Scientific American Nov. 9, 2008.
96. Franks AL, Slansky JE. Multiple Associations Between a Broad Spectrum of Autoimmune Diseases, Chronic Inflammatory Diseases and Cancer. Anticancer Res 2012; 32(4): 1119-1135.
97. Beyaert R, Beaugerie L et al. Cancer risk in immune-mediated inflammatory diseases (IMID).Molecular Cancer 2013; 12 (98).
98. Muller N, Wedinger E et al. The role of inflammation in schizophrenia. Frontiers in Neuroscience 2015; 9(372).
99. Faugere M, Micoulaud-Franchi JA et al. Quality of life is associated with chronic inflammation in schizophrenia: a cross-sectional study. Scientific Reports 2015; 5(10793).
100. Berk M, Williams LJ et al. So depression is an inflammatory disease, but where does the inflammation come from? BMC Medicine 2013; 11(200.
101. Bailey L. Schools stock EpiPens as number of students needing them increases. Post Gazette Sept. 9, 2016.
102. Gerald LB, Disney J, Gerald JK et al. Implementation and Evaluation of a Stock Albuterol Program for Students with Asthma. Annals ATS February 2016; 13(2): 295-296.
103. Ryan JB, Katsiyannis A. The Importance of Teacher Involvement in Medication Therapy. TEACHING Exceptional Children Plus 2009; 6(2).
104. Bloom D. Open Letter: Why Your Child Can’t Bring Peanut Butter to School (and What You Can Do About It). SnackSafely Nov. 7, 2011.
105. Landau E. Despite Shots, Peanut Allergy Kills Teen. CNN Aug. 2, 2013.
106. Fisher BL. Measles in Disneyland: Vaccine Exemption Ban and Third MMR Shot? NVIC Newsletter Jan. 28, 2015.
107. California Department of Health. California Measles Surveillance Update Apr. 10, 2015.
108. CDC. Measles Cases and Outbreaks. Number of Measles Cases by Year Since 2010. Feb. 13, 2017.
109. CDC. Vaccination Coverage Among Children Aged 19-35 Months – United States, 2015. MMWR Oct. 7, 2016; 65(39): 1065-1071.
110. CDC. Vaccination Coverage Among Children in Kindergarten United States – 2015-2016 School Year. MMWR Oct. 7, 2016; 65(39): 1057-1064.
111. Offit PA, Quarles J, Gerber MA et al. Addressing Parents’ Concerns: Do Multiple Vaccines Overwhelm or Weaken the Infant’s Immune System? Pediatrics 2002; 109(1).
112. Hotez PJ. Will An American Led Anti-Vaccine Movement Subvert Global Health? Scientific American Mar. 3, 2016.
113. Dictionary.com. Definition of snuff out.
114. Greer A. These Government Agencies Receive the Most Money: #1 – Department of Health and Human Services. Inside Government May 12, 2016.
115. Institut de Rescherche pour le Development (IRD). Vaccine-resistant polio strain discovered. Science Daily Nov. 4, 2014
116. Read AF, Baigent SJ, Powers C et al. Imperfect Vaccination Can Ehance the Transmission of Highly Virulent Pathogens. PLOS Biology July 27, 2015.
117. Xu Y, Liu B et al. Whole-genome sequencing reveals the effect of vaccination on the evolution of Bordetella pertussis . Sci Rep 2015; 5: 12888.
118. Martcheva M, Bolker BM, Holt RD. Vaccine-induced pathogen strain replacement: What are the mechanisms? JR SocInterface 2008; 5(18): 3-13.
119. Kucerova M, Polivkova Z, Matousek Z. Chromosomal aberrations and SCE in lymphocytes of children revaccinated against smallpox. Mutation Research 1980;
120. Fisher BL. Many New Live Virus and Virus Vectored Vaccines Coming Soon. Pg. 11. The Emerging Risks of Live Virus and Virus Vectored Vaccines: Vaccine Strain Virus Infection, Shedding and Transmission. National Vaccine Information Center (NVIC) 2014.
121. National Vaccine Information Center. NVIC Calls 21st Century Cures Act “A Wolf in Sheep’s Clothing” and Urges Presidential Veto to Protect Public Health. Businesswire Dec. 8, 2016.
122. Fisher BL. The National Electronic Vaccine Tracking Registry: How the Plan to Force Vaccination Gave Birth to the National ID, A Government Health Records Database and the End to Medical Privacy. National Vaccine Information Center. NVIC July 1999.
123. Fisher BL. Despite High Vaccination Rates, CDC Calls for School Shaming. The Vaccine Reaction Sept. 2, 2015.
124. CDC. The National Influenza Vaccination Disparities Partnership (NIVDP) Resource Kit: Engaging Trusted Messengers in Your Community. CDC 2014.
125. National Association of County and City Health Officials (NACCHO). Eliminating Personal Belief Exemptions from Immunization Requirements for Child Care and School Attendance. NACCHO Board of Directors Statement of Policy July 2011
126. Association of Immunization Managers (AIM). Position Statement on Personal Belief Exemptions from State Vaccination Mandates. Jan. 21, 2014.
127. CDC. Improving Vaccination Coverage Fact Sheet for Immunization Managers. CDC April 2015.
128. Ventola CL. Immunization in the United States: Recommendations, Barriers and Measures to Improve Compliance. Pharmacy & Therapeutics 2016; 41(7): 426-436.
129. Richardson D. The Fallout from California SB277: What Happens Next? NVIC Newsletter Aug. 5, 2015.
130. CDC. Chart of Contraindications and Precautions to Commonly Used Childhood Vaccinesand Conditions Commonly Misperceived as Contraindications to Vaccination.
131. Rubin LG, Levin MJ, Lyungman P et al. 2013 Infectious Diseases Society of America (IDSA) Clinical Practice Guideline for Vaccination of the Immunocompromised Host. Clin Infect Dis Dec. 4, 2013; 58(3).
132. Fisher BL. Blackmail and the Medical Vaccine Exemption. NVIC Newsletter May 18, 2015.
133. Fisher BL. Vaccine Injury Compensation: Government’s Broken Social Contract with Parents. NVIC Newsletter Nov. 2, 2015.
134. Parker-Pope T. Maternal Instinct Is Wired Into the Brain. New York Times Mar. 7, 2008.
135. DePisapia N, Bornstein MH, Rigo P et al. Gender Differences in Directional Brain Responses to Infant Hunger Cries. Neuroreport 2013; 24(3): 142-146.
136. Taylor AL. Nature’s toughest mothers make ‘ultimate sacrifice.’ BBC May 14, 2012.
137. Kim EK. Mom dies during childbirth to save ‘miracle’ baby’s life. NBC Today Show Nov. 25, 2014.
138. NVIC.org. Cry for Vaccine Freedom Wall.
139. Fisher BL. Forced Vaccination: The Tragic Legacy of Jacobson v. Massachusetts. NVIC Newsletter Nov. 2, 2016.
November 29, 2017